Video Balun Transceiver with Power, Video, and Data.
Power Video balun to combine CCTV video, camera power and data for camera control for operation over twisted pair up to 750 feet (225 meters) in conventional UTP applications, 100 meters in TIA/EIA 568 applications.
The VB43ATF is a unique transmission device which provides an economical means of sending video, camera power and 2 wire control signals over a standard Category 5 cable. Video is sent over one pair, 2 wire control signals over a second pair and camera power is sent over the two remaining pairs. A mini-coax pigtail with male BNC is used on the VB43ATF. Two pair of screwless terminals are provided to connect 2 wire control signals and power (wires are provided for these connections). Connections to the Category 5 cable are made via an RJ45 connector.
The VB43ATF power video balun provides the same high immunity to noise and interference as all of the Nitek baluns. This simplified wiring scheme provides a convenient method of powering the camera, allowing for quicker and easier installations. The RJ45 modular jack uses standard 568B wiring so spare network cables can be used. The VB43ATF also offers indication lights for the presence of power and data.
- Intelligent light link indication
- Superior video over ordinary twisted pair cable
- Quick connect screwless terminals
- Immunity to noise and interference
- Rugged ABS flame-retardant casing
- Built-in surge suppression
- Passive devices - do not require power
- Convenient connection to Category 5 cable for video power and 2 wire control signals
- Easier to install than coax
- Intra-building CCTV installations (instead of coaxial cable)
- Structured cabling environments
- Multi-camera applications through conduit (more cameras through a smaller diameter
Wire and Cable Recommendations
The VB43 is recommended for use with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) wiring. The system will operate over wire gauges from 24 AWG through 22 AWG. The VB43 connects most conveniently to a Category 5, 4-pair cable, but any Category cabling may be used.
Individually shielded pairs should be avoided, as they drastically reduce the operating range of the systems.
Multi-pair cable (25 pair or more) with an overall shield are acceptable. Video can be operated in the same communication cable coexistent with telephone, computer, control signals, power voltages and other video signals. While video may be routed through telephone punch-down block terminals, any bridge-taps, also called T-taps and any resistive, capacitive or inductive devices MUST BE removed from the pair.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.